Friday, February 13, 2009

Dixie's Antics

Dixer was totally hilarious today. I was feeling sick so I just went out with the horses for a bit. I was walking around the pasture and they were following me everywhere. Dixie came running down the hill after me and we have this huge pond now down there because of all the snow melting.....well I thought Dixie would have noticed that. She didn't..well not until she hit the edge of it and when cantering onto it. I stood on the edge just staring. I didn't know what to do to try and help her. The little pond/puddle was only about a foot deep but she was breaking the ice with her feet and I didn't want her to cut herself or slip on the ice. It was nerve wracking but she got her self out for the middle in a couple mins. and came to stand beside me and just stare out at it. I think she was mildly surprised that she fell through! She was just fine and Cocoa and Dixie proceeded to run around and then roll in the snow! :) Gave me a little scare though, if she would have slipped..yikes! I think she is pretty aware of it now...the puddle will be gone in a few days anyway when the snow melts and it gets warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment